The Cinema Source

jueves, 15 de julio de 2010

robert pattinson interview

In 2008, Robert Pattinson was just your everyday British acting talent. But all that changed overnight when he became the face of the perfectly coiffed and pale, brooding vampire Edward Cullen in The Twilight Saga.

In the wake of Twilight and its sequel New Moon’s enormous success, it has turned the Londoner into easily the most internationally sought-after pin-up idol to come out of England since George Michael. While Pattinson has continued to build his career with independent films like From Ashes and Remember Me, the 24 year-old returns as Edward in the latest film in the series, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

Robert first discussed how he feels Edward has evolved with the latest Twilight film. “In the first two movies, he feels desolation from reality,” he believes, “So when he finds one thing to hold onto, that’s where the possessiveness comes from. I think, as the series goes on, he accepts more of the contemporary world.”

“All the things that were deemed to be flawed before start fading away, and that’s how I’m trying to play him,” Pattinson adds, “He’s coming out of his shell a little bit in Eclipse, so hopefully, by the end of Breaking Dawn, he’ll be a normal 17-year-old guy, who’s just a little bit pale.”

Pattinson remarks that there is one subtle ingredient that he uses to truly embody the character of Edward.

“Probably the contact lenses,” Robert says, “They make me miserable, as soon as I put them in. That’s what creates the pouting and brooding character.”

Robert shared what he felt he had to learn that was new for Edward this time around. “I guess I had to learn how to run properly,” he claims, “In the last two, I ran in a limp slash-skip, and I had to look like I could run more solidly this time. So, I spent a lot of time on a giant treadmill, like one of those wheels mice run around on, and got filmed doing it to improve my form.”

Pattinson says that one thing he does share in common with Edward is his belief that everyone has a soul.

“I can’t remember who said it, but a soul and a heaven must exist because good people aren’t rewarded enough on Earth,” he believes, “I always liked that....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario