The Cinema Source

lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010

Katie Holmes Interview for The Romantics - Celebrity Interviews

Katie Holmes

Began her film career with a small role in Ang Lee’s The Ice Storm before her propelling into teen stardom by the hit TV drama Dawson’s Creek brought the young actress big roles in films like Disturbing Behavior, Teaching Mrs. Tingle and The Gift.

Before her career became overshadowed by her personal role as the wife of Tom Cruise, Holmes had made inroads in her post-Dawson’s-Creek career with roles in Phone Booth, Batman Begins, and Thank You For Smoking. Now after a stint on Broadway, the 31 year-old returns to film with her latest role as Laura in the new romantic comedy

http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif

The Romantics.

In the film, Katie plays Laura, a maid of honor whose former flame is the groom of the wedding, played by Josh Duhamel. She says it’s the film’s “love triangle” that first attracted her to the role.

“Well, I think that the love triangle of this film is really one of the things that I found wonderful about the movie,” Holmes says, “And these conflicts are something I think many people go through and it makes for a good film.”

Holmes elaborated with us on what attracted her to the role.

“I was signed to play Laura from the start,” she says, “I really loved this when I read it and I loved the feeling and to me, it felt a lot like The Big Chill and St. Elmo’s Fire, I thought, and also, a little bit of a John Hughes feeling and I always loved those movies growing up.”

“And then, I met with [director] Galt [Niederhoffer] and I thought she was really so smart,” Katie adds, “And the cast started coming together and it was something that was really exciting, just the feel of it and the look of it and the people that were involved in it was really exciting. The look of the movie is very French in a way.”

We asked Katie if she had to draw upon any personal experiences to deal with the situation of the characters in this film.

“Hopefully not as bad, but yes,” she replies, “I think, that’s the beauty of friendships and that’s what you see in this film. When you have real friends, you can be all of those things and people lov... Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario