The Cinema Source

miércoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010

Drew Barrymore Interview for Going the Distance - Celebrity Interviews

For over 15 years, when it comes to romantic comedies, Drew Barrymore is the subgenre’s perennial sweetheart from The Wedding Singer to Home Fries to 50 First Dates to Music And Lyrics to He’s Just Not That Into You. Her latest foray into the subgenre is as Erin in Going The Distance.

The 35 year-old first spoke about how with playing Erin, who plays one-half of a couple with co-star Justin Long dealing with a long-distance relationship, she breaks away for her traditionally bubbly and eccentric characters.

“I definitely was excited to play her,” Barrymore enthuses, “I just wasn’t sort of in that place in my life where I wanted to play like a cuckoo, wacky role reversal sort of scenario. I wanted to play someone. You want to see them, but you can’t, because of money or schedule or obligation. You [journalists] are all travelers and you try to make distance work with relationships and someone who can hang out with guys and loves women, but has spine and is funny.

“And I feel like I relate to that person in my life right now,” she adds, “It was a pleasure for me to get to improv and just work in a much more free-flowing kind of way where you can play around and you didn’t have to be censored because it’s an R rating. Just that is just an absolute pleasure.”

Another thing Barrymore found particularly refreshing about doing Going The Distance is the strong supporting cast, which includes Charlie Day, Jason Sudekis, and Christina Applegate.

“I find that films, for me, watching them kind of work best when you’re invested in the whole group of people,” she says, “And I love films that that has a Judd Apatow or has a Christopher Guest, this great sort of alumni kind of quality, this really into all the people in it.”

“You really like the people’s world,” Drew continues, “So when you cut back between a couple and it’s their friends or family and it’s like this group of people that are interacting, I love when the chemistry goes far beyond just the couple and this movie stands on that. I almost sabotaged every one of Jim Gaffigan’s takes. He was so funny and I just think this movie is, if… Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario