The Cinema Source

jueves, 19 de agosto de 2010

Will Ferrell Interview for The Other Guys - Celebrity Interviews

Will Ferrell is this era’s Hollywood comedy king. With a string of hits under his belt from A Night At The Roxbury to Old School to Elf to Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy to Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby to Step Brothers. While he’s dodged his fair share of bullets and bombs like 2008’s Land Of The Lost, the 43 year-old comic is poised to get right back on the horse as Hollywood’s reigning comedy king as Detective Allen Gamble in the comedy The Other Guys.

The film deals with a more humorous construction of the classic buddy cop subgenre. It was only fitting to begin with whether or not Ferrell ever had any desire to actually be one.

“No, I can’t say,” Will replies, “I mean I did as a kid. I would walk around with a pair of nun chucks on my side, which is not really law enforcement related. They were rolling pins. They were nunchucks made out of rolling pins. I guess like a martial arts thing. I built a jail in my closet and I would incarcerate my family from time to time. I guess I was like a vigilante, justice. Yeah, like a guardian angel type thing. I was six years old. Six to nine. Those three years.”

Will had this to say regarding the notion of teamwork.

“I feel like it’s more important to be really cutthroat on a set and not look out for each other,” Ferrell jokes, “That provides a certain tension. It makes for a horrible work environment, but boy does it pop on screen. In the end result, it works right? There’s no insurance.”

Ferrell was asked what was his personal favorite buddy cop films was.

Turner & Hooch,” Will names, “Serpico is good.”

Ferrell says that compared to most comedies, he says the film, because of its buddy cop theme has more of a substance to it.

“This probably is the most plot-driven movie I’ve done, I would say,” Will says.

Directing and co-writing the film is Adam McKay, who founded the popular comedy website Funny Or Die with Will. Will was asked how Funny Or Die helps fuel their comedic creative juices to do feature films.

“That’s just really a sandbox for disposable fun ideas that we get to.... Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario