The Cinema Source

jueves, 5 de agosto de 2010

America Ferrera Interview for The Dry Land

After making her breakthrough role in the HBO film Real Men Have Curves, America Ferrera shot to TV glory with her role as geeky main character Betty Suarez on the ABC TV series Ugly Betty, while also achieving success in film with roles in The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants movies, Lords Of Dogtown, and How To Train Your Dragon.

With Ugly Betty having now ended this past season, the 26 year-old plays what is inarguably her most dramatic role yet as Sarah, the wife of a traumatized Iraq War veteran, in the drama The Dry Land. Ferrera was asked whether Sarah is indeed the most emotionally-challenging role by far in her career.

“I don’t think I can really compare it to anything else that I’ve done,” America says, “I feel like every role that I take on, I take on because it’s a challenge to me. I would say that this is probably the most grown-up role that I’ve gotten to play, which is exciting for me, and clearly the most presently important and serious role that I’ve gotten to play that has such an immediate resonance to what’s happening in our society right now. But it was challenging and it had its challenges, but in some ways, I feel like I could relate to Sarah more than to some other characters that I’ve played.”

“I think that because I’m not a woman who has a husband at war, I really did connect to this character on a human level that, as a woman, I could understand what her journey was outside of the military complex,” she adds, “It’s a woman who had a partner in life, a best friend, a husband, someone to share her life with, who then is inaccessible behind his eyes. How do you get him back? How do you find that person that was supposed to be there forever? And that felt like an easier thing to relate to than how would I feel if my husband went to war. I don’t think I could go there. I went to the easier place to go to, which is how somebody I cared about so much got lost behind their eyes and all I wanted to do was just see them back behin....

Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario