The Cinema Source

jueves, 19 de agosto de 2010

Eva Mendes Interview for The Other Guys - Celebrity Interviews

Eva Mendes has done many a gritty cop drama from Exit Wounds to Training Day to We Own The Night to Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans. She’s also done many comedies including Stuck On You, Hitch, and The Women.

Now the 36 year-old actress gets the chance to parlay the two styles of film together in her latest role as Sheila Ramos Gamble in the buddy cop comedy The Other Guys. In the film, Mendes’s character is the wife of Will Ferrell’s character, Allen, a forensic accountant who becomes a detective and teams up with a trigger-happy partner, played by Mark Wahlberg.

Eva was asked to comment on a remark Ferrell had made about being cutthroat with everyone on set in order to work as a team.

“I had the least lines, yeah,” Mendes claims, “I lost on that one.”

She was also asked whether or not Ferrell’s remarks were true that she, him, and the rest of the cast had a “party trailer” in-between filming.

“We burned it down,” Eva jokes.

Much of Mendes’s scenes in the film with Ferrell deal with how the people around them view her looks. When asked about how she feels about how the way men react to her in real life, she was surprisingly rather taken aback.

“Wow, I don’t know,” Eva replies, “I wish that people would know that, I don’t know, Help me. That doesn’t really happen. Oh, god. I’m going to sound like an asshole for saying this. But the truth is that the fame walks in the door before you do, if you guys know what I mean by that.”

“Please help me out,” she adds, “So you no longer know how men really react to you, they just react to ‘Dude, there’s that famous girl from Training Day in the other room”, you know? Kind of. No? But its like I just don’t feel like I get that genuine response anymore.”

As Eva continued, she brought up an incident that occurred with her former co-star Will Smith while they were promoting the 2005 romantic comedy hit Hitch together.

“I’ll tell you a little story actually,” Mendes recalls, “Went around the world promoting the film. And he calls me Reva. So one day we were in Rio, we were doing press..... Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario