The Cinema Source

jueves, 5 de agosto de 2010

Wilmer Valderrama Interview for The Dry Land


Wilmer Valderrama got his start as lovably naive foreign exchange student Fez on the hit Fox sitcom That 70’s Show. The success of the long-running show parlayed into a hosting gig on the MTV show Yo Momma, as well as a variety of film roles including Party Monster, Fast Food Nation, Unaccompanied Minors, El Muerto, Columbus Day, and The Days Of Wrath.

The 30 year-old’s latest role is as Iraq War veteran Raymond Gonzales in the drama The Dry Land. Valderrama says he already was ahead of the game in terms of research for his character due to his travels to visit soldiers stationed in Iraq & Afghanistan with the United Service Organizations.

“I did a lot of research and I know a lot about that because of my work with the USO,” he says, “And I’ve been to a lot of the hospitals and I’ve talked to a lot of soldiers. I have a lot of friends who are suffering like that, too, so when this script came and I read it, I was like, this is it. This is exactly what he’s like and it’s a really weird partition of what it all means.”

“So for me, it was important that we stay true to it,” Wilmer continues, “And that he was as authentic as possible and that we play the humans the right human emotions behind each one of our characters, so the research was really eye-opening for us because one thing, you’re saying I’m going to play a character with a problem and one thing, as an actor and as a human being, really understanding the message behind your role and the movie. I think it’s mostly about just understanding that you have a responsibility when talking about something like this. And that you should really do your best to assimilate and hopefully that it’s another step in the right direction towards the right conversation.”

Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario