The Cinema Source

jueves, 19 de agosto de 2010

Mark Wahlberg Interview for The Other Guys - Celebrity Interviews

When he’s not known for making the ladies swoon, Hollywood’s real-life Vincent Chase, Mark Wahlberg, has developed a reputation for kicking some serious butt in films like The Big Hit, The Corruptor, Three Kings, The Italian Job, The Departed, The Departed, Shooter, We Own The Night, and Max Payne.

Now the 39 year-old hopes to take his action persona into the realm of comedy with the buddy cop film The Other Guys. Wahlberg, being a veteran of cop films, says getting him to do the film was a slam dunk.

“I didn’t even want to read the script,” Mark recalls, “I didn’t care. They said would you be interested in doing a movie and I said yeah. They said would you like to hear the idea first, and I said if you want to tell me… If not we could just order dinner and drink more wine. Literally I’ve always wanted to do a comedy and get an opportunity to work with these guys. So it was just a dream come true.”

“I was going to have a lot of fun making this movie,” he continues, “I certainly felt very comfortable when it came to anything cop-ish or action. But with all the other stuff, I just basically wanted to follow their lead. I basically just did whatever they told me. I learned the lines. I’d show up. And I’d say the lines and then if they wanted me to try anything else, I’d certainly be willing to try anything. I’m killing it right now.”

In the film, Wahlberg plays trigger-happy detective Terry Holtz, who is assigned to teaming up a forensic accountant, played by co-star Will Ferrell, after he accidentally shoots New York Yankee captain Derek Jeter, who plays himself in a cameo. He was asked whether he had any input in having his character shoot the legendary Yankee slugger.

“No, but I was certainly thrilled,” Mark replies, “I felt bad though because he’s such a nice guy.”

Mark shared with us his most favorite scene in the film, a scene where Detective Holtz is beating up a character played by co-star Rob Riggle.

“I choked the shit out of that big motherfucker,” Wahlberg says of it, “I choked the shit out of Will, too.”

Mentioned was his co-star Will Ferrell’s favorite..... Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario