The Cinema Source

jueves, 5 de agosto de 2010

Christina Applegate Interview for Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore - Celebrity Interviews

Christina Applegate is best known for her work in TV, as airhead Kelly Bundy on the sitcom Married…With Children, as well as Samantha Newly on the ABC sitcom Samantha Who? But Applegate has also done many films, including comedies like Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead, The Big Hit, The Sweetest Thing, and Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy.

Now the 38 year-old actress continues her voice work in the family film Cats & Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore. Christina gave us the 411 on her character.

“I play Catherine, who is the agent from Meows,” she describes, “She’s an incredibly sophisticated, smart agent – spy-like, if you will – and she begrudgingly has to be teamed up with these dogs in order for her to stop Kitty Galore, who is about to destroy her universe as well. I love her. I think she’s a really wonderful, rich cat.”

Applegate was also asked about whether she was a cat or dog person.

“I am a both-person,” Christina describes, “I love all the animals. All shapes, colors, sizes, and species.”

Christina described the process of doing voice work for the film, which she says was quickly revealed to her is not the easy payday it appears to be on the surface.

“It took me a minute to figure out exactly what was going on,” Applegate recalls, “My first session with them, I had worked on Samantha Who? until 9:00 in the morning and then I had to be there at 11:00, so I wasn’t in the best possible condition to start doing this kind of voice. But director Brad [Peyton] kept saying, “More energy, more energy.” I think, with a lot of other animated movies, they can animate thought in the eyes of the character and they can animate physicality and all of these things, but for this, these are real dogs and cats, with our characters, at least, there was very little that was enhanced.”

“So it really was a cat sitting there,” she adds, “So what we really had to do is convey so much through the voice, and I think that’s when I finally understood when he said, “More energy.” It wasn’t ‘Louder, bigger’, it needed to be so full because that cat is not going to swerv....

Read the complete interview here Celebrity Interviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario